Monday, December 26, 2011

Life of a Clan Leader

Seedstar stalked a mouse silently through the woods. When she was a tail-length away something startled it and it ran away.
"Mouse-dung!" Seedstar mumbled.
"Bad luck," came a voice.
"Huh?"
"It's just me, Poppyseed," replied the voice.
"Oh, well what are you doing out here?"
"I am looking for Yarrow leaves."
"Why, is someone in the clan sick?"
"No, it's just always good to have it just in case."
"Okay, well I'll see you back in camp," Seedstar replied walking away. When she reached the PineClan border she met a patrol.
"Greetings Seedstar," called Thunderstripe, a PineClan warrior.
"How is your clan?" Seedstar called back
"Good, yours?," replied Bramblefoot, PineClan's deputy.
"Mine is doing well."
"That's good to hear. Well, good hunting, bye!"
Seedstar went back to camp carrying no food for the fresh-kill pile. She found her medicine cat waiting for her by her den.
"Hello again, Poppyseed," Seedstar called.
"I have a message from Starclan and we need to talk, now."
"Okay, come into my den," said Seedstar leading her into her den.
"StarClan sent me a message saying that trouble will soon be upon the clans but it'll be from an unseen source," Poppyseed blurted out.
"Is that all they said?"
"Yes. What do you think we should do?"
"I am not sure. If you hear anything more, please tell me immediately. Thanks Poppyseed." Seedstar dismissed her.
"Okay, I will," Poppyseed said walking back to the medicine cat's den.
The life of a Clan leader is so tough thought Seedstar with a sigh. Then she yawned and crawled into her nest, for night had fallen upon the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment